Internet World 2007 opens tomorrow at Earls Court in London, and it will be worth spending a few hours there for MyOrbit.tv. The event will happen from May 1 to 3, and will be the biggest of its kind in Europe this year. We will get to see a variety of Internet devices and technologies.
We have a keen interest on any new products/trends for Internet payments (we have been hearing micro payments for a while, but tangible applications aren’t there yet), security technolgies (this field is really vast), collaboration and Web2.0 applications.
The big players like Google, Yahoo, MSN will be there, and it will be interesting to see what they are making of the new offerings. We will share some highlights on this blog later this week.
It has been 2 months since we went live, and most of the time has been well spent, hopefully, in making a large number of professionals and businesses aware of what can be achieved with MyOrbit.tv and how it provides a channel to ‘interact’ with target audience with ‘personalize’ content and discussions.
I think it is really helping that our team comes from a non-media background (like banking, retail, software, pharma, engineering, and consulting) which is helping us to rapidly evaluate what applications will benefit our members in different industries.
We will soon start building on the ‘Groups or Blogs’ concept by having industry professionals own different topic groups, like SOX group, CRM group, Start-Up, etc….basically any topic which the professional follows regularly, and can also benefit the audience of this channel. It will be a win-win with out model. So if you are interested in owning an industry topic group, please let us know at: connect[at]myorbit.tv
More about it in the next post.
Symantec has released its periodic report on the State of Spam for April 2007.
Some of the interesting points in the report are:
- The percentage of spam as image spam has been volatile over time, but remains high at 37 percent.
- Phishers are once again begining to use tricks, such as obfuscation in scripts, to conceal phishing attacks.
- Spam is beginning to appear in force in European languages.
- There has been a notable increase lately in spam advertising replica (“knockoff”) watches.
- The US alone is responsible for almost 60 percent of all Internet mail and almost 50 percent of all Internet spam.
And I wonder who is responible for the mail that comes from Nigeria, and of late Malaysia, saying ‘you have won $10 million in inheritance and if you don’t claim it in 15 days it will go for charity’. The bad part is that some people see charity as so low down the order of how money can be used.
Just a couple of weeks back, I also got a serious sounding mail from Barclays.com.uk (fake URL) on how I need to speak with the signed person ASAP to resolve an issue. Thankfully, the delete button is in our control.
It’s the first post on this blog. We had maintained a blog on another domain so far, but now merged our blog with the main site, which means all the industry viewpoints and experiences- in text, audio, and video – will be available directly on this site.
MyOrbit.tv is a member-driven Internet video channel focused on business and professional development. Our viewers and members are worldwide, making this an attractive platform to view and share professional experience and promote new products and services – all this at a fraction of current costs involved in marketing, new product launch, and customer interaction.
Of course, this channel won’t solve it all for you, but we have a plan – to add beneficial functionality and information – few at a time, so that a majority of our members can benefit from them. The discussions and videos on this channel are by active professionals and business executives, and we believe it offers great value to our viewers and members. This video shows how you can benefit from this channel.
We will pushing the boundaries of Internet streaming video. Some of the benefits for our Members and Viewers will come from applications like:
- Industry discussions and debates with members – this gives original content, which everyone wants to watch.
- New product demos by companies (eg. a medical diagnostics company demonstrating the benefits of its new diabetes management product, a SOX consulting company showing their solution framework, etc)
- Career Development (eg. sales training and commercial presentation videos, job candidates presenting through video; crash the recruitment process through private videos)
- Promoting professionals or new businesses (eg. a warehouse business showcasing its premises, security facilities, and client endorsements)
- Pre-approved advertisements (by our Member council) launched by the viewers