In this weak economy, when even large companies with billions in bank balance are struggling to maintain sales and profits, one can imagine the difficult situation faced by small businesses. It is hard to run a small business, and there’s always something new to do. Internet marketing is yet another thing to do, but if you make some time for internet marketing, you can do even better with your business. The internet provides a great place to sell your products to an audience larger than you will experience anywhere else. Following are 5 Internet Marketing Strategies that can increase visitors to your site and increase your sales.
1. Set goals. Goals are absolutely necessary when you do internet marketing. That is because without goals, you are much more likely to waste money and time doing things that do not get you any closer to what you want, which is to have a better business. By setting goals, you illuminate pathways to those goals, which saves you both time and money.
2. Think about the content on your website. You have to make sure that it interests the reader, above all. If you are trying to optimize your site for the search engines, or SEO, you can use some keywords, but do not stuff your entire site full of unnatural keyword phrases. The entire reason to optimize your site for search engines is that you want people to visit your site, and if the content isn’t interesting and relevant they won’t stay. You also have to make sure that your content is frequently updated, so that visitors have fresh information to take a look at.
3. Monitor your site performance. Use Google Analytics or the analytics software provided by your webhost and use feedback from your visitors. Find out what is working and what should work better, and look for ways to further improve your visitor experience. Your website should never be fully “finished” and monitoring site performance is a great way to make sure that you never let down your guard and that you are always looking for ways to make your site all that it can be. You never when or from where your next big customer(s) will come and what they see and read on your website will make the email or call you. Your website is most faithful sales agent working for your 24×7. Keep investing and updating in this faithful internet sales agent of your company.
4. Write articles and spread them with business directories and article directories. If you write articles that can be shared with others and have a link to your site in the author section, you can get a lot of site visitors that can ultimately turn into buyers. Your articles can establish you as a resource or an expert on your chosen subject, and if your article is impressive people will visit your site. Your articles can also provide splendid SEO for you, as the links will attract the search engines to your site as well.
5. Use a blog to keep a good relationship with your customers, as well as to showcase your knowledge about your products and subject areas. Use WordPress to create your blog — its the best software for a blog and has many useful plugins available free. Respond to comments as professionally as possible, and please consider doing video blogs, as video can often be more exciting than text. You can host your video on Youtube and embed them on your blog. Youtube and WordPress have made it very easy to embed videos in your blog posts.
As a small business, you have to take active role in your online marketing, and the time and effort on internet marketing can start showing positive results within 6-8 weeks in most cases, and it is not difficult to do if you use the Internet Marketing Strategies described above. If you need any specific help, you can contact us, and we can help you with our affordable internet marketing services.