If you are into any forms of customer interaction or sales, you will benefit from this interesting sales training video by Dan Lappin of Caskey Training, where he shares “why sales deals stall”. It’s just 6 minutes long and worth watching full. You’ll learn three sales strategies that can improve your ability to control the sales process, improve your credibility, and will have your customers pursuing you. This video has been popular with audience at Myorbit from the time we started last year in 2006. So thanks very much to Dan Lappin.
If you are in any kind of business, then based on our experience of helping companies so far, following are 5 ways to benefit from MyOrbit
1. Get better response from clients and prospects: With nearly a decade of business development experience, I can confirm that trust is established rapidly when a person is visible, rather than email or phone, but then meetings with decision making executives are very difficult. Now, when you send your pitch as a video, there is a significantly higher chance of it being watched, and you are much more likely to hear back with an okay on next steps.
2. Improve Sales & Marketing while reducing costs: We all have our favorite ppts and pdfs tucked into various folders on our laptops. These documents are prepared by subject matter experts. For example, a Banking Solution ppt by your product manager, or a SOX compliance deck by a specialist. We usually send out the deck to a client/prospect and seek a time for a follow-up call. With help from MyOrbit, you can prepare packaged videos to do both these in the first shot. With MyOrbit, you also create your own Industry Group. For example, you can create a Banking Industry Solutions group, which you can fully own and control.
3. Break the linear relation between resource and message: So often, we are trying to get the subject expert to talk about a given product or solution. The problem is, everybody wants to have him in their sales cycle. The solution is to create a set of videos, where this person can describe all his expertise, and then you can use them in discussions, one by one. The organization benefits a lot from this approach. We are helping companies to take such initiative. In addition, there is a specific benefit related to: Foreign Language Presentations: If you are marketing worldwide, and if you want to present your solution in a foreign language, say French of Spanish, then in addition to getting a subject expert, you have to ensure the language too. This is not easy to achieve regularly, and it often results in delays in the sales cycle. It’s best to package such presentations as a set of videos that can be updated once a quarter. Your message will register better, and clients see it favorably.
4. Project Management & Operations Review: If you have a geographically dispersed team, with clients located in other countries, then for those key status reports and review presentations, which happen once a month/quarter, you should consider using packaged video, where the manager can present, in required also use a white board, and the team members can elaborate on specific points. It needs some preparation and extra time than just getting onto a telecon bridge. But those who are doing this are seeing the success from it in terms of renewed contracts and new opportunities.
5. Resource Training: If you have to bring on board new resources on a regular basis, then chances are that today, you are repeating the same sessions. With a bit of planning and effort, you can create simple videos and use the on your intranet.
Well, we are the leading company out there who’s doing the above things, and we have invested in our infrastructure and services keeping you in mind. Now, few companies do the above things today because (a) it’s new and the infrastructure is getting mature and economical, and (b) it takes a team with experience in different industries and business functions to run a channel like this. Our team is our biggest strength. Our focus on business and professional development ensures that we get focused professionals and executives as audience.
This presentation describes how different companies are benefiting from this innovative Internet business channel. There will always be some questions at the end of any presentation, so feel free to share your doubts with us. Contact us and we will show you at least two ways to benefit within 48 hours.
Last week was active and interesting – we initiated Industry Dicussions in the areas of: M&A, Sales & Marketing, and Project Management – you will be able to see some of these new discussions in a week.
All these discussions are planned as a series, which means they will have multiple parts –easier for you to pick up, and easier to fit into the busy schedules of our contributing professionals.
We are going to arrange all these Industry Topic discussions in the Blogs section of our site: http://www.myorbit.tv/blogs/
Some of these discussions will be available to invited members only because of the wish of the contributing executive. And that is equally fine because MyOrbit.tv can be used both for public and private sharing of business experiences.
By end-June, we plan to feature about 8 industry groups (each group having a few blogs in it) that are created and run by our members – for their business or knowledge sharing. Meanwhile, if you have any questions or want something to be discussed on this blog, write to us at: connect [at] myorbit.tv
It’s the first post on this blog. We had maintained a blog on another domain so far, but now merged our blog with the main site, which means all the industry viewpoints and experiences- in text, audio, and video – will be available directly on this site.
MyOrbit.tv is a member-driven Internet video channel focused on business and professional development. Our viewers and members are worldwide, making this an attractive platform to view and share professional experience and promote new products and services – all this at a fraction of current costs involved in marketing, new product launch, and customer interaction.
Of course, this channel won’t solve it all for you, but we have a plan – to add beneficial functionality and information – few at a time, so that a majority of our members can benefit from them. The discussions and videos on this channel are by active professionals and business executives, and we believe it offers great value to our viewers and members. This video shows how you can benefit from this channel.
We will pushing the boundaries of Internet streaming video. Some of the benefits for our Members and Viewers will come from applications like:
- Industry discussions and debates with members – this gives original content, which everyone wants to watch.
- New product demos by companies (eg. a medical diagnostics company demonstrating the benefits of its new diabetes management product, a SOX consulting company showing their solution framework, etc)
- Career Development (eg. sales training and commercial presentation videos, job candidates presenting through video; crash the recruitment process through private videos)
- Promoting professionals or new businesses (eg. a warehouse business showcasing its premises, security facilities, and client endorsements)
- Pre-approved advertisements (by our Member council) launched by the viewers
The ability to reach customers around the world is another major advantage to marketing your business online. Regardless of where you live and operate your business, you have the ability to reach those who have an interest in the products you sell or the services you provide no matter where they live. This makes it possible for you to do business with customers around the world. So if you are not already marketing your business online, it is time to start.
Although there are a few exceptions, any business can benefit from online marketing by choosing the right channels/methods suitable for their products/services. There are many advantages. First of all, it is extremely affordable to market your business online. Other advantages include the ability to reach a large target audience, the ability to reach potential customers all over the world, the ability to customize the marketing for different sectors of the target audience, and the ability to track the performance of marketing efforts in a way that is impossible with traditional marketing methods.. Continue reading