In this multi-part video presentation, Nishant Saxena describes the complete M&A process, with learnings from various transactions. We believe this is one of the most comprehensive M&A presentations available on the Internet for free viewing and download: Mergers & Acquisitions Deal Process
The M&A process is usually a long process that must go through a range of details, people, and decisions.
- The larger the deal size, the more complicated the process, with more people getting involved, and more views to accommodate.
- If you are buying a company strictly as a financial venture, the M&A process is complicated enough. Adding specific personnel, technological or strategic objectives to the transaction goals simply complicates the process even more.
- Buyers and sellers should understand their specific motivations and goals as they pertain to the purchase under investigation. It is important that buyer and seller understand the perspective and real-needs of the other party.
- The M&A process may take a weeks, months, or even years, though the usual time frames are about 3-9 months. And during this period, the buyer and seller learn details about each other.
- Its absolutely essential to ensure trust and integrity in the process – otherwise the deal can often break at the last minute. No issue is a non-issue. Every question needs an answer.
- Clearly defined goals help greatly in evaluating the impact of subsequently uncovered details. Developing these goals requires advance preparation and evaluation on the part of both buyer and seller and greatly enhances the likelihood of post-acquisition success.
About the Presenter: Nishant Saxena is the CEO of Elements Akademia. He has seven years experience in Corporate Finance with Procter & Gamble – including Strategic/ Financial Planning, M&A, Value creation, White-space expansion, GAAP Accounting, and Internal Controls/Audit etc. Worked across various geographies in Asia (Japan, Philippines, India and Singapore) and across various business units. BE, MBA from one of India’s top schools. He founded Elements Akademia in 2007 along with 10 other IIM alumni. The company focusses on the high growth education sector in India and other developing countries.
It’s the first post on this blog. We had maintained a blog on another domain so far, but now merged our blog with the main site, which means all the industry viewpoints and experiences- in text, audio, and video – will be available directly on this site.
MyOrbit.tv is a member-driven Internet video channel focused on business and professional development. Our viewers and members are worldwide, making this an attractive platform to view and share professional experience and promote new products and services – all this at a fraction of current costs involved in marketing, new product launch, and customer interaction.
Of course, this channel won’t solve it all for you, but we have a plan – to add beneficial functionality and information – few at a time, so that a majority of our members can benefit from them. The discussions and videos on this channel are by active professionals and business executives, and we believe it offers great value to our viewers and members. This video shows how you can benefit from this channel.
We will pushing the boundaries of Internet streaming video. Some of the benefits for our Members and Viewers will come from applications like:
- Industry discussions and debates with members – this gives original content, which everyone wants to watch.
- New product demos by companies (eg. a medical diagnostics company demonstrating the benefits of its new diabetes management product, a SOX consulting company showing their solution framework, etc)
- Career Development (eg. sales training and commercial presentation videos, job candidates presenting through video; crash the recruitment process through private videos)
- Promoting professionals or new businesses (eg. a warehouse business showcasing its premises, security facilities, and client endorsements)
- Pre-approved advertisements (by our Member council) launched by the viewers
As we rapidly consume days of this new year, and the time available reduces for many of the plans made for 2007, here’s a quote from from W.H. Murray:
“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in ones favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. I have learned a deep respect for one of Von Goethe’s couplets: ‘Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it.'”
–W.H. Murray, the Scottish Himalayan Expedition Continue reading
The ability to reach customers around the world is another major advantage to marketing your business online. Regardless of where you live and operate your business, you have the ability to reach those who have an interest in the products you sell or the services you provide no matter where they live. This makes it possible for you to do business with customers around the world. So if you are not already marketing your business online, it is time to start.
Although there are a few exceptions, any business can benefit from online marketing by choosing the right channels/methods suitable for their products/services. There are many advantages. First of all, it is extremely affordable to market your business online. Other advantages include the ability to reach a large target audience, the ability to reach potential customers all over the world, the ability to customize the marketing for different sectors of the target audience, and the ability to track the performance of marketing efforts in a way that is impossible with traditional marketing methods.. Continue reading