If you thought business plan discussions with teenagers felt strange, think again. Here’s an amazing video by Lindsey Mills in which you can see how primary school students are being trained in business start-ups, and how they start talking about Seed Capital, Venture Capital Rounds, Debt Capital and Income Statements…things which many of us learned sometime during our first or second job! The Start Em Up Business program gives students an introduction to business. Students learn the basic business concepts through playing fun business games, starting a real business, and making money. It feels like training numerous Tiger Woods for business – very interesting. The potential of something like this is immense because in 5-10 years from now, we could see start-ups from kids. You can learn more here: www.simplyoutrageous.org(more)
It’s the first post on this blog. We had maintained a blog on another domain so far, but now merged our blog with the main site, which means all the industry viewpoints and experiences- in text, audio, and video – will be available directly on this site.
MyOrbit.tv is a member-driven Internet video channel focused on business and professional development. Our viewers and members are worldwide, making this an attractive platform to view and share professional experience and promote new products and services – all this at a fraction of current costs involved in marketing, new product launch, and customer interaction.
Of course, this channel won’t solve it all for you, but we have a plan – to add beneficial functionality and information – few at a time, so that a majority of our members can benefit from them. The discussions and videos on this channel are by active professionals and business executives, and we believe it offers great value to our viewers and members. This video shows how you can benefit from this channel.
We will pushing the boundaries of Internet streaming video. Some of the benefits for our Members and Viewers will come from applications like:
- Industry discussions and debates with members – this gives original content, which everyone wants to watch.
- New product demos by companies (eg. a medical diagnostics company demonstrating the benefits of its new diabetes management product, a SOX consulting company showing their solution framework, etc)
- Career Development (eg. sales training and commercial presentation videos, job candidates presenting through video; crash the recruitment process through private videos)
- Promoting professionals or new businesses (eg. a warehouse business showcasing its premises, security facilities, and client endorsements)
- Pre-approved advertisements (by our Member council) launched by the viewers