Job description: There is a job opportunity as a Quantitative Research Analyst in Chicago. The client is a leading global proprietary trading firm specializing in market-making and high-frequency trading and has been established for over 9 years with a number of international offices. The role will see the successful individual collaborating with the firm’s senior quants and trading teams to develop, test and implement strategies.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing expertise to enhance existing trading strategies.
- Analyzing markets and tick data to identify new quantitative trading opportunities.
- Developing mathematical models of the market
- Automating trading processes
Desired Skills and Experience: Experience is required in hands-on work within a high-frequency trading environment; it is not essential that this has been in a proprietary team, however the successful candidate will be able to bring new ideas on board. The role requires:
- 3+ years experience in a high-frequency trading environment, preferably within Commodity Futures, STIRs and/or Equity Indices.
- Strong skills in data mining, working with large/complex data sets, and performing statistical analysis
- Strong coding ability, preferably in C++; strong knowledge of R or Matlab
- Skills with KDB are very desirable
- Exceptional mathematical, problem solving and analytical skills
Masters/PhD in Statistics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering,
- Operations Research or a related quantitative field.
- Excellent English communication skills, written and oral.
An ability to see the “big picture” and also being able to articulate complex theoretical concepts to colleagues at all levels is important. A demonstrable ability to successfully manage working both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team is also essential.
Please submit a CV and for a more detailed conversation, please contact Justin Holder at: justin.holder @ gtpractice.com
About: Global Trading Practice is a boutique executive search firm, specialising in Trading & Technology within quantitative & fundamental trading businesses. Utilising our extensive network of connections, & detailed market mapping we have the ability to gain access to unique individuals in order to fulfil specific needs of clients & candidates alike.