Nandan Nilekani at India@60 event in NYC

Nandan Nilekani, Co-Chairman of Infosys Technologies has been a core member for the India@60 event in NYC, along with Sunil Mittal of Bharti Enterprises (also the President of CII). Those who know them will see clear marks of their planning and big-thinking behind this $10 million event.

Nandan’s point in the following video – about Human Capital Development- is bang on. While, its true that India has huge numbers of English speaking graduates in various disciplines from Engineering to Medicine, the fact remains that as of today, only 30% of India’s population is engaged in the current growth engine. The remaining 70% population of about 750 million is still not engaged. And majority of them are youth and children. So India is sitting on a treasure mine of human capital, and strong government initiatives can make big differences.


Share this:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *