After, more than four decades, of personal involvement, in nearly, all aspects, related to leading/ leadership, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing and consulting to, thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, to serving, personally, as a leader, on several occasions, I strongly believe, many factors are involved and significant, but, the 5 I’s are often, the keys, to true leadership! These must be considered, and utilized, if one wishes, to be a leader, who makes a difference, for the better! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, what these mean, and represent, and why it matters.
1. Integrity: Without genuine integrity, one will never become a real leader! Why should anyone, listen, and believe, anything someone proposes, or says, unless/ until, they truly, believe, the particular leader, maintains absolute integrity! This cannot be, simply, behavior when convenient, but, absolute! Remember, especially, these days, someone is always watching/ observing, so, focus your energies, on, consistently, maintaining these efforts!
2. Imagination: While it’s important, to, think – outside – the – box, and proceed, with a well – developed, and considered, relevant imagination, this must align, with the combination of the history, heritage, mission, vision, perceptions, priorities, and goals, of the specific organization, etc! Since, there is, no such thing, as a born – leader, it is important, and relevant, to select individuals, who, clearly, are ready, willing, and able, to proceed, and take, meaningful, relevant, imaginative steps, for the best interests of his groups, and stakeholders!
3. Issues: How can anyone serve, unless/ until, he clearly, understands, and recognizes, the essential issues, facing his group, and which need, attention? How do these things, impact, the organization’s best interests? Why are these the top priorities, and how does one, decide?
4. Instincts: Great leaders need to develop, and maintain, as well as, consistently use, the most relevant instincts, in order to differentiate, between, real needs/ priorities, and lesser matters! It takes skill, and understanding, to have and maintain those, which might best serve, the relevant, sustainable needs, of the particular organizations!
5. Ideas/ ideals/ ideology: It takes the right combination, and alignment of, the ideas, ideals, and ideology, for someone to be ready, willing, and able, to be a real, true, quality leader! This must be actual, rather than, empty rhetoric, etc!
Will you pay attention, to these 5 I’s, of true leadership? Are you, up to the tasks, and necessities?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands of leaders, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. His company, PLAN2LEAD, LLC has an informative website http://plan2lead.net and Plan2lead can also be followed on Facebook http://facebook.com/Plan2lead
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539