Although, many seem to seek, a position of leadership, few become the best – possible leaders! After, over four decades, of involvement, in nearly, everything, involved, with leading, from identifying and qualifying, to, training, developing and consulting to thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, as well as, serving, personally, as a leader, on several occasions, I realize, one of the reasons, for this apparent, lack of/ dearth of, genuine leadership, is, far – too many groups, ignore (or fail to recognize), the importance of taking, seriously, consistently, using, a customized, professionally – designed, training program! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 6 key steps, needed, to becoming, the best leader, possible.
1. Know, and understand, the organization’s niche, history, heritage, etc: A smart, first – step, is to fully understand, the specific organization’s niche, history, and heritage, and its relevance, in – terms – of, what matters, most, in the shorter, and longer – terms! Without this knowledge, and understanding, how can any leader, hope to, and/ or, expect, to get – through, to his past, present, and potential stakeholders?
2. Identify the group’s strengths, and weaknesses: What are the specific group’s strengths, and weaknesses, and what are the causes/ reasons, for this? How can every strength, be effectively, used, to its maximum potential, while comprehensively, addressing, areas of weakness, and/ or, potential areas? What are the obstacles, and which, may be transformed, to an obstacle, rather than a problem?
3. Expand your personal comfort zone: Wise, effective leaders, proactively, expand their personal comfort zones, rather than limit themselves, by considering, only, the same – old, same – old, approaches, etc! It is essential to put service and representing others, ahead of any personal/ political agenda, self – interest, and/ or, protecting his comfort zone!
4. Listen effectively/ learn/ Empathy: Only, when one, effectively listens, and learns, from every conversation and experience, and gains greater, relevant, expertise, with the objective of obtaining better judgment, and, hopefully, wisdom, his potential to be a better leader, is enhanced! Great leaders proceed, with genuine empathy, and use it, to determine their emphasis!
5. Strategic and action plans: Great leadership requires knowledge, experience, commitment, and discipline, and realizing, strategic planning, is essential, to making a difference, for the better! This must then, be transformed, to perceiving and conceiving of, creating, and implementing, the finest – possible, action plans!
6. Articulate an inspiring, motivating message: When one uses the first – five steps, and then, proceeds, to articulate, an inspiring, motivating message, he maximizes his chances, to become, the best possible leader!
Do you want to become a great leader? Are you up the necessary tasks, etc?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands of leaders, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. His company, PLAN2LEAD, LLC has an informative website http://plan2lead.net and Plan2lead can also be followed on Facebook http://facebook.com/Plan2lead
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539