Are you as a Sales Leader or Manager facing any of these issues with your team?
Sales training often isn’t enough to produce long term change in your sales team.
Read this list to see if you might benefit from a sales coach:
Having trouble with:
- Generating new customers
- Increasing returns on marketing campaigns
- Failure to consistently achieve sales revenue goals
- Reduce ever-lengthening sales cycles
- Increasing costs of maintaining an effective and productive sales team
- Keeping the sales team motivated
- Shrinking margins – mounting pressure to discount
- Protecting and developing dwindling key accounts
- Increasing erosion of market share
- Increased failure to forecast revenue with any degree of accuracy
- Increased quantity and ferocity of competition and being outsold by competitors
- Limited product knowledge in the field
- Declining customer satisfaction and increasing customer expectation
- Global market rationalization Increasing number of stalled sales opportunities
- Finding and keeping good people
- Managing salespeople who plan and manage their time and territory by the seat of their pants – they don’t seem to have a game plan or a strategy as to how they are going to win
- Reducing the “last three weeks of a sales quarter” syndrome where everyone scrambles to try and pull in as much as they can to hit sales targets and we end up giving away our margin
- The current economic crises are impacting on sales team’s ability to consistently achieve their sales quotas
- Operating in markets where there seems to be more and more “gatekeepers”, buying committees, tendering processes, RFPs, etc., all of which prevent the sales team from gaining access to decision makers
- It is becoming increasingly tough to get to talk to the people who matter about what they really need and want when it comes to buying our services
- We struggle to speed up the buying process and close more deals more often
- Sales teams that needs constant motivating. They seem to lack passion, focus and commitment
- “Give us a quote” is a common response my salespeople are hearing. So what I find is that my salespeople often invest large chunks of their time putting together proposals for prospective clients that have no real intention of buying from them
- The message we hear from our customers over and over is, “Your competitor can do it faster and cheaper.” And they are right! How do we sell against that?
- No predictable and accountable selling process that moves the sale forward smoothly
- Constantly grappling with costly, wasteful, and ineffective sales practices (e.g., low yield on direct marketing, low close ratios, high costs for branding, tradeshows, or product development)
- I don’t have a clue where to start to get sales back on track!
If you or your sales team are facing any of these common issues, you should consider getting coached!
As one of Australia’s leading authorities and coaches in sales management, Ian Segail has been involved in the coaching, training and development of sales managers and salespeople for over two decades.
Drawing on 25 years of experience in sales, sales management and leading an HR and training team, Ian brings a strong dose of fiscal reality and practicality to his works as a Sales Performance Coach.
Engaging directly with business owners and both novice and experienced sales managers alike, across a wide variety of industries and selling disciplines, the focus of Ian’s work is to transform sales results for companies by improving sales management practices. Ian is the author of “Bulletproof Your Sales Team – The 5 Keys To Turbo-Boosting Your Sales Team’s Results” and a number of business articles, business reports and white papers including “The fish stinks from the head!” and “Why Sales Training Doesn’t Work.” Ian has an insatiable hunger for studying selling and people management and has passionately pursued answers to the question “How come some people can sell and most can’t?”
Check out sales resources and Ian’s blog at [http://www.salestutor.com.au]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2231945